Jack's Little Mei Mei

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Another Fabulous Day and Tim is a Hero!

Jack about to reach the 5th tower. What a climber!


Our adoption group.
Jack resting on a 500 year old bench inside the Forbidden City where the Emperors use to live.

Soilders marching in front of Tianamain Square.











The acrobatic show from Last night. Jack is saving his program leaflet for Bridget!






Tim and I woke up at 4:00 am once again. Jack woke up at 5:00 am. We did go to bed at 6:30 so we are getting plenty of sleep and feel great. Our hours are just a little off.

So we boarded the tour bus and headed for Tianamain Square and the Forbidden City. Our tours were super and you can see from the photos that were really there. Don't you think Tim looks like Mao? We learned a lot about China history and all the Dynasties. (When we get home we want to rent The Last Emperor.) The Forbidden City was amazing. We walked a long way through both places. Jack was so well behaved and very respectful of our guide. We were so proud of him. Our guide Cindy who will be with us the rest of the trip-she works for the adoption agency- seems to really like Jack. One funny thing he did in the garden of the Forbidden City is he went up to this American man wearing a black coat like Tim's and gave him a loving friendly karate chop. Jack thought he was Tim. " I said, "Jack, that is not Daddy". Jack looked up and was mortified! The man and his group were laughing so hard. Tim said to the guy, "Thanks, you saved me from a good one!" It was pretty funny!

Then we had lunch at a traditional Chinese Restaurant with the lazy susan where you share the food. It was delicious and Jack even ate some of it. He loves "Chinese Soup". Near the restaurant was a certified Chinese antique store and guess what I bought! Real binding shoes worn in the 1800's! They were $80.00 US. They are so colorful and so tiny. It is really amazing. Cindy our guide even thought they were cool. I am so excited. I don't know why, but I have always been interested in the whole foot binding thing. I will take a photo of them next to my foot this week for your viewing enjoyment.

Now for the Great Wall. The photos really speak for themselves, but I will tell you why Tim is a hero. We had hiked to the highest point possible for this section of the wall. We started down and realized this mom and her 4 year old daughter were missing. To make a long story short, they went down the wrong way so Tim hiked back up the wall AGAIN to try to find them. It was getting dark and everyone was freaking out. All ended well, but Tim was awesome! It must have been his Chinese Massage yesterday!

Lily day is tomorrow!!! We fly to Nanchang at 8:00 am and arrive at 10:00. We will then get unpacked and ready for a baby. Wow! We are so excited! A little nervous too!

Thanks everyone for your comments. We are loving reading them and are glad you are "with" us. It is really special for us!

7 Comments:

  • I can't believe it, I actually opened your blog before I even checked my email. Couldnt wait to see and hear what you have been doing. I am not surprised at Tim Being a hero, he has always been so in my eyes, and Jack is just like him. Jack you are going to make such a great big brother. Can't wait to see Jack and Lily together at last. Grammie

    By Blogger Grammie, at 6:48 AM  

  • Great job Tim! Great pictures and how cool that you all made it to the top. Hope your sleep schedule gets on track. Have a wonderful first day with Lily! Can't wait to see pictures of her and Jack!

    By Blogger Jeff and Valerie, at 7:15 AM  

  • Jack,
    Good hiking up that big wall. It looks huge and my dad is going to show me some more pictures of it on the internet. It is funny to think that i just woke up and you are just going to sleep. Send me a picture of my new cousin tomorrow. I can't wait to see her. When you get her it will be around midnight here. My daddy will still be awake if you want to call his cell phone to share the good news.

    Love Nicholas

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 AM  

  • We have really enjoyed the stories of your adventures in China. Lisa you are a great story teller. This will be such a wonderful chronicle for Lily and your family!

    We are wishing you the best on this big day. Bridget found 3 ladybugs today, and of course we thought about you.

    jack hav fun witt lily love bridget

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:36 PM  

  • Wow, what a great day you had. Way to go Tim! I can't believe tomorrow is the big day. We're all thinking of your family. We can't wait for the update.

    Mary :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

  • Lisa,
    re. the foot binding, read the book Snowflower and the Secret Fan. Great so far! all about little girls going through the footbinding.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 PM  

  • Hey, great to see so many pics of places we've been; they haven't changed a bit in 2 years (tee hee.)
    I wrote to you on Sun. when I was first able to get online and see your messages and pictures, but for some reason it didn't record my message. I must have done something wrong. Then I wrote again last night--same thing. Hopefully today I have it figured out. Anyway, I was thinking on Sun. that Jack may be a "bridge" for Lily between the baby and adult world with being able to entertain her and make her laugh.
    She also had a woman nanny, so she may warm up to Mommy first, but who knows. With God's grace she will fall in love with all of you as fast as you have with her!
    Love,
    Sally

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home